BIG HERO 6: Hiro’s Bedroom Wall Clock Instructions
· Old Cookie Tray
· Nail and Hammer
· Cardboard Box
· White and Yellow Spray Paint (One Can Each)
· Old Poster Board and Masking tape
· Number Stickers
· Labels (Made in Photoshop)
Robot Body and Clock Hands
· Light Weight Cardboard
· Card Stock Paper
· Red, Blue, Yellow, Gray, and Black Markers
· Liquid Glue
· Sticky Tack
· Clock Core Mechanism (Link Below)
Clock Body Instructions:
1. Use the Ruler to measure and find the center point of the circle.
2. Place the Old Cookie Tray on a Cardboard Box and use it like a table.
3. Using the Nail and Hammer create a hole in the center on the back side of the tray. (We used a Dremel to make the hole smooth and large enough for the Clock Core Mechanism to fit through.)
4. Once the Old Cookie Tray has a hole in the center make sure the Clock Core Mechanism fits. Take it out.
5. Go outside and use the White Spray Paint and stand a good distance away giving the clock body a *light* coat of primer.
*Wait for the first coat to dry before attempting another layer! The paint will drip if applied too heavily!*
6. When the tray is coated evenly in White Spray Paint use the Masking Tape and Old Poster Board to create a straight line and protect half of the clock from Yellow Spray Paint.
7. Follow the same painting procedures with the as before when using the Yellow Spray Paint.
8. Peel off the Masking Tape and Old Poster Board carefully to avoid ripping paint.
9. Apply Number Stickers around the clock as evenly as possible.
10. Labels were generated in Photoshop and applied to the clock body with Liquid Glue. I would be happy to make them available as downloads if needed. The sizes will vary with the scale of your clock body though.
Robot Body and Clock Hands Instructions:
1. Use a Pencil to lightly sketch the robot design on the Light Weight Cardboard. Try to make the size accurate compared to the clock’s body. (Do not draw arms yet.)
2. Using the Scissors cut a hole in the center of the robot design large enough for the Clock Core Mechanism.
3. Once you are satisfied with the sketch outline use Scissors to cut it out and trace with a Black Marker.
4. Color the rest of the robot design accordingly with Markers.
5. Measure the Clock Core Hands with a Ruler. Using the Pencil lightly draw arms that are the same length and width as the clock hands on Card Stock Paper.
6. Once you are satisfied with the sketch outline use Scissors to cut it out and trace with a Black Marker.
7. Color the robot arms accordingly with Markers.
8. Using Liquid Glue attach the Card Stock Arms to the Clock Core Hands.
9. While you wait for those to dry, use Masking Tape and line up the hole in the robot design to the hole in the tray. Roll tape and place it flat on the back of the robot so it is out of sight.
10. Use Sticky Tack to attach the Clock Core Mechanism to the back of the Old Cookie Tray.
11. Screw the Clock Core Hands onto the Clock Core Mechanism.